Saturday, April 29, 2006

The origin of ah pin

Harlo harlo! I'm back for a tiny short while! In case you haven't noticed, I've changed my blog name to "The Adventures of ah pin". I can't think of any nice blog titles, cos my english is not that chim. Well, lazy to think of them anyway, so decided to stick to the simple and plain one..
Anyway, for those who don't know, ah pin is one of my nicknames that I had for a long ,long time. It all began when an old friend of mine, Lin Kooi decided to start calling me ah pin for no reason in primary school..
The only reason I can think of is that vin rhymes with pin. So, there you go.. ah pin..Can't remember exactly when though, probably standard 3 or 4? So there you go, the origin of ah pin!

Why I decided to use ah pin instead of the many other nicknames? I guess its the penang hokkien kia in me.. cos its penang-ish yea?

Penang kia boleh!

3 comments:

Chin Kian said...

ah pin rulezzz!

Marvin said...

yea, TL Lim!

Lin Kooi said...

woot i get credit for that :)