Saturday, December 16, 2006

Euthanasia

I euthanised my first animal today..
Pipper was a 16 year old German Sheperd.. 16 years old for this breed is really old!

It was a sad moment.. the dog , Pipper, belonged to an elderly couple. They declined to be with her during the process, and the old man started crying.. haih, so sad.. he quickly wiped his tears away before he left the room.

oh well.. I'm sure I'll put down more animals in the future. I pray that I won't ever take this as a routine.

stay tuned, will blog non-vet stuff soon! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 years is long man...

is it like 16x7 dog years = he's like 112 years old in human terms ha?

that's like crazy man... or was it 16x6 dog years?

that's still like 96 years old...

wooh... it was timely i would say... hiaks!

Anonymous said...

so sad!! by the way, remember Julius my bf's dog? its weird patches? allergy to chicken. now its on a lamb diet and is vomitting every 2 days. but his weird patches are gone and he's stopped scratching. dunno lar he.