Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A painful lesson..

Birthdays are days which your friends around you use to show their appreciation and love towards you..
That's one lesson I painfully learnt a few days before my birthday..

Here's the story.. My housemates decided to have a birthday dinner celebration thingy a couple of days earlier, cos I won't be around then (encounterfest). And on that day, I played touch(which involves a whole lot of running) at noon, and I decided to mow the lawn.. which took me the whole afternoon. We have a huge lawn.. remember? So yea, by evening, I'm already half dead..And all throughout the dinner, I was pretty much half dead, which affected the way I carried myself throughout the dinner.

The worst part was that when it was time for the cake, I asked them whether it was alright for them to bring it home instead, cos we were all very full.. Yeah, I know.. who would do that?? me.. sheesh..but hey I wouldn't normally do that, it's cause I'm quite close with my housemates, so I thought I should be frank with them. Big time bad move aye.. Right after that, the girls were pretty angry with me, but the guy was completely unaffected! which I find quite funny.. :) Yea, to cut things short, it was all sorted out in the end after some serious talks and apologies from my side.. and after feeling like the worst housemate/friend in the universe..

Celebrating the birthday of someone close to you is a real joy indeed and you'll definitely put in some effort passionately.. but celebrating the birthday of someone you don't know that well could be an obligation. That's so very true for me.. what about you guys? well, what I did was that I forgot to view it from the other side for my case for the first point..

Ok, sad stuff aside.. I spent my birthday at Encounterfest! which was indescribable! nothing beats encountering God man.. The day itself was pretty hot though, it was a max of 38 degrees! Social justice was fun! check out K-Lo's blog for more info on that! haha, am getting lazier by the day.. And for the album recording, Kudzi moved me to the very front row on the floor/the mosh pit! I couldn't believe that I could just put my hands on the stage to rest! I think you're gonna see plenty of me in the Dvd recording of the night! So make sure you get one when it's released! :) The mosh pit was insane in the last few songs, and I was squashed to the stage most of the time then. Haha, but it's fun!
This year's (including next year) project is gonna be crazy.. United is launching this thing called The I Heart Revolution.. They're gonna put together a cd from songs that are recorded live from different parts of the world! But there's more to just that.. it's about starting a revolution..

This is a pic of Encounterfest that I stole from Ashley.. I love the graffiti style !coolness..

okay on a side note.. I saw this on ebay..
*drools* I am so so tempted to buy it!!! Do you think belle would look good in that? it comes with door trims and the roof as well.. so basically her interior would be 80% in that colour! Bidding ends real soon.. arghh!!! help me!!

Lastly, thanks again to everyone for the birthday wishes and the presents!! Really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol guess u have a reason to be tired...if theyre friends im quite sure they'd understand...=)

on that note...

ZOMG!!!!happy belated birthday!!!ill make it up to u when we get back!=)

jennlynn said...

hmm..it seems ur bday was something... mine was the same...my ex-roomate and gang really gave me lots of surprises for the 2 days....all in all i really appreciate everything they did..it was such a biggy thingy for me compared to last year when i weeped...goodnes..