Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Road Trip

Argh, back to uni.. back to sticking my arm up the cow's arse.. back to getting cow shit splattered all over me..
At least this is my last day of cattle practicals.. next stop is sheep! which would be much better..

The road trip last week was hmm... nice? crazy?
I drove 2100+ kms, used 217 + litres of petrol, drove ~25-30 hours in 6 days.. Yeah, I'm quite proud of myself ... aren't you? We(the people in the front seats) saw at least 20 road kills on the way there, and roughly about the same number as well on the way back.. Man, I pity all those tourists who are like "Yay, we get to see wild kangaroos on the roads of Australia".. yeah.. it's more like bloody dead kangaroos lying everywhere.. I'm very thankful that I did not kill anything during my road trip.. well, I did kill lots and lots of insects..

This is how belle's number plate looked before the road trip.. (well more like after I clean it.. I don't go taking up close pics of belle's number plate for nothing..)This is after the road trip..
Why like that? Cos when belle is going at high speed, she just rams down every single insect that flies in her way.. and their mini guts will explode and make them stick to her. Her whole front is just covered with bugs of all types man.. What's best is that I can see every bug that hits the windscreen.. got sound effect somemore when they meet their fate. It's quite irritating though, cos they are pretty hard to clean up.

Ok ok, now to not so gross stuff.. We (Wenqi,Tania, Dong Xie and me) left on wednesday morning to Melbourne and dropped by Canberra for lunch, the floriade, and also to pick up another road trip homie, Carmen. These are some of the pics we took at Canberra.

The whole place is filled with flowers, especially tulips! Don't wanna bombard this blog with too many pics.. so the pics up here are the ones I've chosen for you to see ok ? Ok, after Canberra, we headed down to Melbourne.. When we reached melbourne, it took me a while to adjust myself to the roads there. The roads in/near the city looked pretty messy because both cars and trams share the same roads. Driving with trams can be cool.. but can be frustrating when you are stuck behind them. They are super slow!This is a pic that I took while I was in a traffic jam. Note the remains of a bug on the windscreen.. it's not bird shit ok?
Melbourne's nice.. it's a combination of Sydney and Adelaide. Food's good, and the cafe lifestyle is nice. Shopping's good as well, but it would be better if they have sales going on.. I'm a cheapo, :p
The top left pic is some cages with canaries hanging from a ceiling of a building called GPO. Think it's a shopping center.. it's suppose to be some kind of creative decoration.. I think.. no idea what it represents.. weird decoration ideas people have.. Bottom right is a pic of me and my sis. It was her birthday on that day.. and yea, you don't have to tell me that we look alike.. we get that too much.. The other 2 pics are creations from Coco Black, a famous chocolate cafe there. They have pretty rich stuff there, and you really need to order carefully!

We also went down for a drive to the Great Ocean Road. It was amazing.. it's like one of the best roads to drive in the world! The views along the way are absolutely breathtaking, although the driver (me) did not get to enjoy it as much as my passengers, but still from the driver's point of view, it's just super nice as well! Can't describe it.. you have to drive on the road yourself!
Below is a collage of some of the views that my passengers took from inside the car whilst I was busy driving..
We stopped by some spots along the way such as Erskine Falls, the 12 Apostles and the area around the Loch Ard Gorge. Below are some of the pics of these places :

And oh, we saw a wild echidna just beside one of the trails we were walking on.. check the movie out! It's not that clear/visible though.. but still! We were able to get close enough to catch it!


Phew, is this my longest post ever?! I think it is.. since I've packed so much into my mid semester break! Still, I'm too lazy to describe everything in detail ..
Alrightey, back to uni life now.. few more weeks left before the exams, then the rotations, then back home to Penang for a nice break!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's an echidna? i thot that was a porcupine...and what's the deal with sodomizing poor unsuspecting cows?!? how evil!
but cool pics tho :)

Marvin said...

spiny ant eater! only in australia me thinks..
thanks!

Lin Kooi said...

i am pissed off with you.......

Anonymous said...

u havent seen tassies scenery yet...still waitinf for u...

Marvin said...

tassie awaits..

Anonymous said...

road kills......r u sure u didnt kill aneeee?