Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A lil disappointed..

Hey folks, just went to see the car which I won on ebay a week ago.. haha, I know I know, ebay is not as safe as it should be.. but hear me out alright?
For those who don't know about the car I won on ebay, this is the story :
One day, I was on ebay searching for stuff for my car, which is a civic. While searching, this irresistable car deal popped out with like 5 minutes remaining on the bidding and it was just going for 8K aussie dollars. I was shocked and immediately called the seller. He told me everything was fine with it, so okay, I bidded, and I won it for 9.1k. haha.. It's a 2002 Civic Sedan by the way, and the market value for the car is around 15-16k. I thought I could buy it for 9.1k, and sell it off to make like 4-5k profit? haha, the businessman in me..

Yea, my friends were shocked when I told them about it.. they thought I was nuts..haha, but this is my justification :
If the car is a genuine deal and is in good condition, I can make 4-5 k!! But if it's not, I have nothing to lose.. the worst I can get is a negative feedback from the guy himself. smart hey? But he did tell me everything was fine, so I had the right to not buy it in case he's hiding something..

This is a pic of the car :


Well, alas, the deal was too good to be true.. I went to have a look at the car today, seems that it had been through a LOT of accidents or a major accident alone. Took the car on a test drive, the first lap around the neighbourhood was fine.. Then I decided to go for another lap, on a faster speed.. Thank God I did.. I found out that gearbox is seriously a no no.. The guy said that he didn't know about it (or did he?) and apologised that he didn't tell me/advertised about it. He agreed to take 7k for the car though, and I told him I'll think about it over the night. But nah, I don't think I would want it now.. the car looked like it went through major plastic surgery with lil bits of dents here and there.. and I think it wouldn't be really worth it at all.. oh well.. there goes my dream of giving, zh'nging Belle (my car), and treating my friends to a huge feast with the money (and also keep somelah).. But hey, money ain't my master.. :) so it's all good.. Just minorly disappointed because I had really high hopes and nice dreams.. But hey,my God is BIG! and he's able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think!!
And I guess that the guy wouldn't really give me a negative feedback after all! Since it was his own fault of not putting in the right details.. :)

Well, thats that.. gonna go watch Eight Below in a while.. and looking forward to it as well..I love dogs! do you?

5 comments:

Chin Kian said...

I suppose the car has been totalled before and had been salvaged. Cars with salvage title in US are dirt cheap. Luckily you took the second road test. you should send a mechanic over to check with you man.

Marvin said...

haha, yea.. but wanted to save money ma.. and i trusted my skills, :p
wait yea ck.. car pics coming up.. been busy

Chin Kian said...

sure! you're still having exams???

Marvin said...

yeah. .quizzes, assignments.. it's that time of the year

Lin Kooi said...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ff/index.html

Group Name: Potsi WC 2006
Group ID : 207
Password : potsi

2006 FIFA World Cup Fantasy, Registration begins on 18 May 2006