Friday, May 26, 2006

Slow mo

That's my internet connection about 10 minutes ago.. Been going on for about 3 days.. Imagine a 64kbps connection being shared out by 8-10 people.. that's what happens when we meet the download limit. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's very frustrating.. Imagine waiting 5 to 10 minutes for your inbox to appear.. then 5 minutes again to read a mail..

Well, X3 just came out today.. but I want cheap tick
ets and not to cramp and line up real bad to watch it, haha.. so have to patient for a little bit ..Anyway.. these shows are on my must watch movie list












*drools*

Anyway, this is what I had for lunch today :
syokness..Let me be your guide.. Firstly, everything was homemade! The bowl of noodles is just some chinese instant noodles.. the gyoza's on the right have to give credit to my mum (Wenqi) cos she made them. The chilli on top is a mixture of vinegar, and some black bean chilli thingy. They were perfect for the gyozas.. mmm..

and then.. jeng jeng jeng..
My dessert!! This is black glutinous rice porridge or pulut hitam in malay or bee ko moey in hokkien. kesyokkan menggunung..super happy when I eat it.. haha.. and hey, I cooked it myself! Very proud of myself indeed.. Pandan leaves are expensive here.. they're not growing everywhere like how they are back in Malaysia..

things in uni are slowing down a little bit.. and I'm slacking more, which is a no no..Exams are a month away, and I really have so much to read and catch up.. oh well.. how do I be more me in a blog? hmm.. time will tell..
till then people!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo man, the noodles looks good and the gyoza thing looks like roti canai *drools* on the screen. Wenqi make wan ar...no fair! :)
But for the pulut hitam, i think if someone is not msian can look pretty scary la...lol...but yeh, ugh...i oso miss it man. Cook for me when i get back yea? The other day...my uni served laksa! woot!

Marvin said...

haha, mini roti canais.. yea, I had a friend from HK who looked at the pulut hitam and said it was disgusting and didnt even want to try it.. i'm making for the choir on sunday.. see what the ang mohs say.. haha..
was the laksa good?

Anonymous said...

Marvin!!!!!!!!! u know how to cook pulut hitam and u didnt teach me?!! im looking for ppl who knows how to do it! eeeks
can i pls have the recipe? and where did u get the rice grains?

ashley...
haha

Marvin said...

lol.. i just told u the other day la
i'll give u some next time, :)