Monday, July 10, 2006

Zidane, we feel for you..

I am not happy.. I do not like the Italian football team..

Zizou is one of my favourite footballers of all time..

For those of you who don't know, Zizou headbutted Italian defender Marco Materazzi viciously in the chest in the 19th minute of extra-time.
"Something must have been said to Zidane. He is actually a reserved and inoffensive person," said Franz Beckenbauer(Chief World Cup Organiser). Must have been said/provoked? Well I say he was definitely provoked! Materazzi must have insulted him pretty pretty badly to provoke Zidane like that.. He's no Cantona.. Maybe a racial slur or an insult to Zizou's religion? Who knows..And adding to the heat of the moment with was pretty intense at the moment, Zizou blew his top..
*bam!!!*
Red carded
This is sad.. He could have been the one lifting up the cup

According to what I read, "Domenech claimed: "The referee saw nothing, the assistant referee saw nothing and then we have the fourth official seeing the video replay and telling the referee."
What the?? Why didn't they use video replay for all the other fouls and actings throughout the previous matches?

If they have done a video replay, they should have done an audio replay as well.. so we all know what instigated Zizou to do what he did. It's hard to believe that he just reacted to nothing.

Sigh, I could go on and on.. but I do agree that Zizou is in the wrong for his actions. Well, to err is human. He made a mistake, but it does not make him any less amazing as a footballer. Zizou, you will always be remembered for the hero that you are man, not for letting your reflexes take over on a dirty Italian player!

And I really, really do hope that you will not end your career just yet!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its about time u join my ranks of hatred towards the azzuri...materazzi probably asked zidane to shine his head...which in that case, zidane's action is justified..lol

Chin Kian said...

italian players should take home some Oscar awards too...

Lin Kooi said...

zz is also my idol........


knnccb italian diver.....

tsh said...

amen to that. stupid azzuri. cost me my breakfast, lunch and dinner, that game did.

babi.