Monday, July 31, 2006

St Mike's

St Michael's College.. the gloomy grey building on City Road.. yeah, the place I've been staying for all my time here in Sydney.. 4 years!

Why did I stay there and not move elsewhere? Because I was happy there ? duh.. Okay okay.. I'll be specific..

1. Cheap rent. Rent is 150 AUD per week, including meals (except for lunch) and bills.. which is freaking cheap for Sydney standards. I don't have to pay rent when I'm back home in summer, and even if I don't fly home for summer, the rent is just 50 AUD a week without food!! That's even cheaper than backpackers hey? I've saved plenty these 4 years man..

2. Friends. Yeap.. I would say it's all thanks to Dota.. haha.. but not entirely la.. we play mahjong, football and other stuff as well.. But there's not many of the gang left in the college now.. which is a bit sad for those who are still there.. oh well..

3. Very good location

4. A enclosed area to park for free

5. It doesn't have dodgy traditions or rules like the other colleges do..

These positive points far outweigh all the other negative factors (some of which are listed below)

1. Old and gloomy looking. Dark corridors (save money!)

2. No telephone lines and internet (solved with wireless, :p)

3. Dodgy food at times.. ("MSG Nancy", eating the same food for 4 years.. go figure)

I'll still be back for the weekends, unless I can find a better place to bunk in on weekends.. any offers? Yea, so it's not that sad..
Okay, time for pics.. My old room, the view from the doorMy old room, the view from the opposite end
This pic was taken not long ago during a formal dinner with the Cardinal. Not everyone in the picture is from St Mikes, it's just the asians and the latinos. Oh yea, St Mike's is a like an asian college. The Father prefers asians to aussies.. racism? No idea.. he probably likes our culture more..
Meet MSG Nancy!


The not-so-complete group of friends (for the Dota gang, exclude the chick in the middle, the battle cry dude on yer right, and the half naked dude behind him). It's not so complete because Louis, our chinaman is not in the picture. Do note that I was about to open my thumb and middle finger out, and not make the peace sign.. I am NOT one of those "peace-ing" people. You'll understand later.This is Louis the chinaman, who's very very excited about Dota. I guess life wouldn't be the same in St Mike's without him, thats why I'm putting his pic up and mentioning a few things bout him, prob cos he was left out in the previous picture... He's not the typical chinaman as you can see, and we came up with this theory that he has Manchu or Mongol blood in him..

Ok.. I have a day off today, which is quite rare.. Will attempt to take pics of my new place and put it up in my next entry! Till then my homies!





5 comments:

tsh said...

i didnt know u play mahjong.

yay. ah pin's interesting fact of the day.

haha. let's play when u get back

Marvin said...

hey, i didn't know you play too!
just learnt not long ago..

Anonymous said...

eh where u get the blinds/curtains from? so nice la...

and the people are so not friendly in St. Michael's la... wahlau...

K.Lo

Marvin said...

yea.. i think most of them are china-ians.. right?

got ka, a handful of friendly people..

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »